International Student Orientation Program(ISOP)
ISOP BEGINS ON Septmber 15th, 2014 at 8:00AM!
ISOP is very important for your success; therefore the attendance is mandatory. We recommend arriving at least two days before ISOP begins. This will give you time to recover from a long trip and start your college career feeling good!
During ISOP, you will:
• take Math and English placement tests
• receive academic advising and register for classes
• have seminars to help you adjust to living and studying in the USA
• meet the entire International Education(IE) staff
• take a campus tour given by American students
• take a Seattle tour by IPMs
ISOP will be informative and fun!! You will make new friends while discovering all that Shoreline Community College has to offer.
**SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Remember to bring your passport and I-20 document, U.S. address/phone # information (host family or apartment), medical insurance information (if you already have one from your country), $20 in cash for the math placement test.
2. If you have taken one of the following English assessment tests in the last 2 years and received a high score (click the link for details: http://new.shoreline.edu/international/admission/toefl-ielts.aspx) you may be eligible to enroll directly into college-level English or get placed at a higher ESL level. *You MUST submit ORIGINAL scores to us 7 days prior to orientation!
3. You will pay tuition and fees AFTER you register classes. Payment due is within 5 business day or the first day of the quarter, whichever comes first.
4. Payment methods: At the Cashier—credit card (Master or Visa), traveler’s checks, personal checks or cash. Also online payment by credit card or payment by phone is available. (more details at the orientation) *no wire transfer is available*
5. You will be receiving an invitation to join Coursesite (online) course to view and learn more about the ISOP. Please check your inbox including Junk Mail and please register and log in before you come! Look for email titled: Shoreline Community College – ISOP Winter New Student Orientation Course
6. If for some reason, you are not going to be able to come to Shoreline Community College for the Spring Quarter 2014 as planned, it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to let us know that at email@example.com BEFORE ISOP begins. We need to make the necessary changes on your SEVIS record based on immigration regulations.
We look forward to welcoming you to Seattle and our beautiful campus on September 15th, 2014 AT 8:00 AM!
Categories: Helpful Information