International Student Orientation Program(ISOP)
ISOP BEGINS ON September 12 at 8:00AM!
ISOP is very important for your success. Attendance is mandatory. We recommend arriving at least two days before ISOP begins. This will give you time to recover from a long trip and start your college career feeling good!
During ISOP, you will:
• receive academic advising and register for classes
• have seminars to help you adjust to living and studying in the USA
• meet the entire International Education (IE) staff
• take a campus tour
• take a Seattle tour
ISOP will be informative and fun!! You will make new friends while discovering all that Shoreline Community College has to offer.
**SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Remember to bring your passport and I-20 document, U.S. address/phone # information (host family or apartment), medical insurance information (if you already have one from your country), $20 in cash for the math placement test.
2. If you have taken an English assessment test in the last 2 years and received a high score you may be eligible to enroll directly into college-level English or get placed at a higher ESL level. Learn more at our website! *You MUST submit ORIGINAL scores to us 7 days prior to orientation!
3. You will pay tuition and fees AFTER you register classes. Payment due is within 5 business days of registering or the first day of the quarter, whichever comes first.
4. Payment methods: At the Cashier—credit card (Master or Visa), traveler’s checks, personal checks or cash. Online payment by credit card or payment by phone is also available. (You’ll learn more details at orientation.) *no wire transfer is available*
6. If for some reason, you are not going to be able to come to Shoreline Community College for Fall Quarter 2016 as planned, it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to let us know at email@example.com BEFORE ISOP begins. We need to make the necessary changes on your SEVIS record based on immigration regulations.
We look forward to welcoming you to Seattle and our beautiful campus on September 12, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.!