One of the best ways to enjoy a Seattle summer evening is a movie in a park! Magnuson Park, located near the University of Washington, hosts outdoor movies every summer. The park itself is spacious, with many sports fields, an off-leash dog park, and water access. There’s plenty of parking, and it is located on a couple different bus routes. Come early and explore the area!
The movie line-up this summer is filled with classics and recent blockbusters:
- Thursday, July 6: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Thursday, July 13: Moana
- Thursday, July 20: Hidden Figures
- Thursday, July 27: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- Thursday, August 3: La La Land
- Thursday, August 10: The Lego Batman Movie
- Thursday, August 17: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them
- Thursday, August 24: The Princess Bride
There will be food trucks, trivia games, and live entertainment. It’s also fun to pack your own picnic with your friends! The entry is only $5.00 per person, starting at 6:30 p.m. Movies start at dusk, which is around 8:30 p.m. For more information, you can go to their website.
– Meg Humphrey