Apply To Be an IPM Today!

International Peer Mentors (IPMs) are hiring! If you’re looking for a fun and unique leadership opportunity to engage with your fellow students, becoming an IPM may be right for you. To learn more about the position, visit the International Peer Mentor Facebook page. The deadline is Sunday, April 2nd, so don’t delay!

IPM App 2

Here’s what our current IPMs love about their experience working in the International Education Department, and why you should apply!

Blanche

My favorite part about being an IPM would be helping students and also improving several aspects of myself (my weaknesses). One of the main reason I became an IPM was to improve my communication skills and I am happy that I have been able to do that and even more. Being an IPM has helped me engage and participate efficiently on campus activities and to develop my leadership skills. I would definitely recommend students to apply because it will be an amazing experience, new people to meet and different cultures to discover. Also, an opportunity to discover and truly appreciate shoreline and all the amazing staff members in the international department.

IPM App 1

Moe

I like being an IPM because I enjoy working, I love the friends I got to meet. Being an IPM helped me develop my personality and become a courageous person. I think students should apply because it’s a new experience with new people and students can learn a lot from that!

Clara

I really enjoy being an IPM because I got to do a lot of things that I really love to do such as helping others, problem solving, and meeting lots of new friends. I have improved and grew not only in myself, but also with my teammates. I observed and tried to learn the strengths of my teammates, and I really appreciate the diverse group that we had. I felt more engaged with SCC, and I felt more connected to my school, my advisors, and the staff. For the people who really have passion about helping others, and who are really want to learn something from this job, it will be a good chance for you!

IPM App 3

Megan

Being an IPM is the coolest thing I have done so far for my life. You get to meet new students and be friends with them, you get to have a group of friends from your work and hang out with them after work! Being an IPM makes me realize what my strengths and weaknesses are, learn how to appreciate other people even though they make mistakes, and so many things you could hardly believe.
Let me tell you, being an IPM can give you a lot of things you would not expect in the past, the present, and of course in the future. 🙂

Jinhee

I love being an IPM because I am able to engage with SCC a lot more, I get to plan and organize events for students, and it also allowed me to work with a lot of people on and off campus. It is amazing to see how me and other IPMs are growing together as well as other students. Being an IPM requires me to not only be a professional staff, but also a friendly approachable student mentor. This is what I really like about this position. I really recommend IPM positions to every student who is willing to learn and contribute to the campus.

TK

I like being an IPM because it helps me to grow up as a person and as a member of the society. I learned how to work in an International Ed office, helped and assisted students who have questions or are troubled. I also get to know more about Shoreline community College since I became an IPM. I think students should apply because IPM is a job where you can polish your leadership style and gain a unique experiences in SCC.

Jisa

Becoming IPM is practice for speaking English, challenging work for the international team, and experience to work as a paid staff in the U.S. I think, IPM is not brilliant job, you take care of people, put posters on wall, and clean up, and so on. However, if you want to feel how hard working the international team is, and how awesome it is when we achieved something together, you should apply for this.

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Categories: News

Subscribe

Connect with us on any of your social profiles